We are a tertiary level theological seminary based in Pietermaritzburg, South Africa.
ESSA has been deregistered by the South African Department of Education in 2011. Currently ESSA is offering no accredited study programme or degree. While the Seminary is offering several training and studying opportunities we are not allowed to issue any officially recognizable credits for training done at ESSA.
We are striving to review our academic programme and offering at this point. ESSA is hoping to be able to once again offer accredited, high-quality, theological training on a tertiary level, preparing men and women for ministry and mission in Africa and beyond.
If you are reading about us for the first time, ESSA
- has been training leaders for Africa since 1980
- was (and will soon be again) internationally accredited (ACTEA and SAQA / CHE)
- offers reasonably priced practical theological training
- is multi-denominational, mutli-cultural and multi-national
- aims to equip students on three levels: head, heart and hands
- is committed to contextual relevance
- has a top quality theological library
- welcomes families and encourages both spouses to study
- brings together committed staff and students from a multitude of backgrounds into a strong Christian community